SAT checks the writing skills of the test-takers through multiple choice writing skills section which has the following 3 types of questions, viz.
- Error Identification
- Sentence Improvement
- Paragraph Improvement
This post provides 5 sample questions for error identification, directions for which are:
These sentences may contain errors in grammar, usage, choice ofwords, or idioms. Either there is just one error in a sentence, or the sentence is correct. Some words or phrases are underlined and lettered; everything else in tehsentemnce is correct.
If an underlined word or phrase is incorrect, choose that letter; if the sentence is correct, select No error.
1. Sharon’s (A) and Joseph’s (B) father is a doctor.
2. Niether you nor I (A) has (B) been to the painter’s house ever.
3. All that (A) can be done has (B) done.
4. He made his escape by jumping through (A) a window and jumping into (B) a car on the move.
5. I went towards (A) him and asked him the best way to get out of (B) town.
Oh, don’t bang your head in case you don’t know/ are confused about the answers of questions above. Follow us till the next post on the title, and you will have the answers with explanations 🙂