Good news for all preparing for TOEFL scholarship is extended to Indians this time again.
The following TOEFL scholarships are being awarded currently to the students from China, India, Korea, Japan and Taiwan.
- Three (3) $10,000 scholarships: one to colleges/universities in the U.K., one to colleges/universities in the U.S. and one to colleges/universities in Canada
- Six (6) $5,000 scholarships: one to colleges/universities in the U.K., one to colleges/universities in the U.S., one to colleges/universities in Canada and three to colleges/universities in any other location
Teh criteria for TOEFL scholarship includes the following: students who have high academic achievement as well as:
- an outstanding ability to communicate in English
- demonstrated leadership skills
- well-roundedness in extracurricular activities, including community service
- innovative ideas as reflected in essays (and interviews, when applicable)
Needless to say, the above criteria follows the main criterion of the applicant being a high academic achiever.
To be eligible to win the TOEFL scholarship, you must:
- currently live in India
- begin undergraduate or graduate study in 2011 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL® Destinations Directory (PDF)
- hold a grade point average of at least 80 or higher on a 100-point scale or a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- have a valid TOEFL test score
- return a completed application form with your TOEFL test scores, written essay and official transcript in a sealed envelope
An applicant must submit the following documents postmarked by the April 15, 2011 deadline:
- a completed application, including TOEFL scores and a completed essay
- an official transcript in a sealed envelope
- personal interview (for finalists only)
To download the application forms, click on the following image:
The application deadline is April 15, 2011
- If a student does not currently live in India, he/ she is not eligible for a TOEFL scholarship for Indians this time.
- Scholarship award funds for students who will be studying abroad will be applied to their tuition fees only after he/ she registers with the institution and arrives on campus.