Over the last decade, Canada has come up a world of extraordinary experiences, great opportunities and promising future. This reputation makes the country one of the best options for those who want to pursue their international MBA dream.
- One of the prime reasons for this is that Canadian business schools regularly get a ranking on both the list of TOP North American schools and of TOP international schools.
- Another prominent reason is that most business schools in Canada offer a range of bursaries as well as full-tuition or partial scholarships both, directly and through benefactors/ foundations/ external foundations / Canadian banks and other professional organizations (The average Canadian MBA tuition for international students is $30,435-$31,856).
- Teaching Assistant positions are also available for second year students, though in limited numbers thus highly competitive.
- Admissions Committee at most of the schools consider the skills of teamwork, leadership, management potential, etc. and do not set absolute minimums for GMAT scores, GPAs or work experience (pls don’t interpret it as a low GMAT/ GRE score can get you easily to the institutes).
- While there is no common industry-wide approach to MBA pre-requisites, a 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college is basic to most. Usually 3-5 years of work experience and a demonstration of experience in an organizational setting is also desired.
- The wide selection of MBA concentrations/majors include Accounting, Brand & Product Management, Consumer Studies, E-commerce, Entrepreneurship & Venture Management, Finance & Financial management, General Management, Healthcare Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Systems Management, Insurance & Risk Management, International Management, Logistics Management, Management Consulting, Manufacturing & Operating Systems, Marketing Management, Nonprofit Management, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Real Estate Management, Retail Management, Sales Management, Services Management, Small Business Management, Sports & Leisure Management, Strategic Management & Policy, Technology Management, and so on.
- Easy work permits are available for the spouse or common-law partner of those studying in the country.
- Lastbut not the least, a Canadian degree is considered world over, as an equivalent to an American degree, and is highly regarded in businesses, academics and governments.
Apart from the above reasons
- Canada has been continuously ranked as one of the TOP 10 places to live in the world since 1994 according to the United Nations (UN) and the Economist Intelligence Unit;
- Canadians enjoy a standard of living among the highest in the world;
- The country has one of the most beautiful, natural environments in the world;
- Canada is considered to be a relatively peaceful, safe and orderly country;
- The hi-tech industry environment stimulates business, researches and entrepreneurial activities equally;
- Average hourly earnings of Canada have always been substantially impressive and currently, the average salary in Canada higher than that in the UK, the USA and most of Europe;
- Lastly, and quite importantly, Canada’s new immigration plan emphasizes the admission of a greater number of skilled immigrants with abilities to contribute directly to the country’s economic and social development.