The Graduate schools consider your GRE score as the perfect forecast of your future performance in the school. That is why the content of this test is based on information that a graduate with a four-year college education should have acquired.
The course named GRE Xpert has been designed keeping in mind, the pattern and standard of the GRE General Test. The course places a strong emphasis on higher level cognitive skills.
As seen in the figure above, cognitive skills comprise of
- the knowledge of the previously learned material. This is the lowest level of learning outcomes in the cognitive domain.
- the understanding of various issues and problems. Also known as comprehension, understanding may require translation of one form of text to another (words to numbers), interpretation of material (explaining or summarizing), and/ or estimation of future trends (predicting consequences or effects).
- the application refers to the ability to use learned material in new and concrete situations. This includes the application of rules, methods, concepts, principles, laws, and theories. Learning outcomes in this area require a higher level of understanding than those under comprehension. application of the ideas and solutions.
- the analysis of the situation including, identification of parts, analysis of the relationship between parts, and recognition of the organizational principles involved.
- the synthesis to put parts together to form a new whole. It may include the production of a unique communication (theme or speech), a plan of operations (research proposal), or a set of abstract relations (scheme for classifying information)
- the evaluation to judge the value of material (statement, novel, poem, research report) for a given purpose. These judgments are to be based on definite criteria. These may be internal criteria (organization) or external criteria (relevance to the purpose) and you may determine the criteria or may be given various criteria to use for judgment.
GRE Xpert comprises of all that you need to know to crack the test design and question types. The practice sessions and the home assignment make you master various question types and make you confident to answer correctly and score substantially.